As warmer spring weather kicks in, we kick-start our spring attire into lighter colors and fabrics.
This is your first day, wearing your new spring attire….now, take a look at your face and hair in the mirror. I am sure you’ve had this feeling as I have.
You say to yourself, “Oh my gosh, my hair and make-up still looks like winter!” My dark and rich winter hair color matched perfectly with wool sweaters and darker clothing, but now it looks dark and heavy, doesn’t match my clothes!”
All of a sudden, your whole image from head to toe is not connecting. ”What’s wrong?” you ask yourself.
At my salon Studio 904, we hear this question from our guest clients at the onset of spring and fall.
Here are some things to consider in updating your hair for the new season
1. If you have an over-all hair color, think about lifting your base shade a notch.
2. If your hair is foiled, try increasing the amount of your foil weaves.
3. You can also brighten up your highlighted color by lifting them a shade lighter.
4. How about a new haircut/style, more textured and layered to give your hair an open and textured feel? (This will eliminate the heavy, solid feeling in your hair).
5. Try shortening your hair a bit. Please don’t go for a drastic change all at once,
You may be sorry.
6. Learn to style your hair using your fingers instead of heavy reliance on brushes and iron curlers. Of course you can always use the brush as a finishing touch to your style.
These tips I am offering are starting questions to ask when you are going through the consultation process with your salon’s stylist. In the end, let your stylist give you suggestions on what direction would be the best. Keep in mind, everyone’s hair texture, base color and facial features are unique to that person. Be a partner in making decisions, after all it’s your hair image… you are the one who will be living with it 24 hour a day.
Work together with your stylist to determine the best direction for your seasonal image!
Do you have your own tips to share? I’d love to hear them!